Pilates Institute of Queensland Dance Masterclass
|Venue:||130 Quay Street, Bulimba QLD 4171|
|Pre-Entry Requirements:||A good working knowledge of Pilates equipment – Reformer, Trap Table & Wunda Chair.|
- What is the ideal aesthetic for ballet and other forms of dance
- What strength and range to expect from the young dancer as they are growing and developing
- Exercise prescription for the child dancer, adolescent and pre-professional dancer
- Foot orthosis to assist dancers with less than perfect feet into their pointe shoes
Dance Assessments for
- The young dancer
- The growing child/adolescent dancer
- Pre-pointe assessments
- Pre-professional dancers
- Injured dancers
- Pilates equipment and home exercise programmes exercises to develop
- Hip turnout strengthening
- Back strengthening
- Foot strengthening
- Getting flexibility and improving the splits
- Improving the developpé
Jenny has worked with dancers and athletes for over 20 years with one of her practices used to be located in a full time dance school, The Australian Dance Performance Institute. Her clientele also includes junior elite swimmers, ice skaters, tennis players, sailors, rowers, back pain clients and older clientele concerned about their mobility, balance and overall wellness. She has worked in the past with rugby (Australian Women’s Rugby team and Queensland Under 21s men’s team), soccer, netball. Jenny’s sporting interests have included ice skating, dressage riding, scuba diving, soccer, touch football and currently outrigger canoeing.
She has worked as a physiotherapist and Pilates instructor for many years, helping clients with many different backgrounds from elite athletes to clients with neurological dysfunction.
After completing a Cert IV in workplace training and assessment in 2008, Rebecca joined the team at The Pilates Institute of Queensland. She very much enjoys sharing her passion for Pilates with others as a course educator.